Sunday, August 26, 2007

Charmed: Something Wiccan This Way Comes by Emma Harrison


Based on the hit TV series created by Constance M. Burge

Stars: ***1/2
Accuracy: ***

NOTE: Although the title of the book is very similar to the title of the very first episode of Charmed, this is a different story. The book version of the first episode is The Power of Three.

Synopsis: Paige reads about a Wiccan convention taking place just outside of Las Vegas and thinks it's a great opportunity to learn more about the Charmed Ones witchy ways. Piper and Phoebe aren't interested because they believe the attendants will all be wanna-bes. Soon they hear about a rash of kidnappings committed against practicing Wiccans and making an appearance at the convention becomes a top priority. But are the Charmed Ones headed straight for disaster?

Review: This was an all right book. The style was a little different than the real Charmed but was pretty close. The plot was good as every time I thought I knew who was behind the kidnappings, I would find out I was wrong. The ending surprised me, which is good in a book for course.

Accuracy: I was hopeful that the accuracy would be higher seeing as they go to a Wiccan convention but my hopes were dashed. Although there are "wanna-bees" in the Wiccan religion, the Wiccan convention was full of them. Almost none of them seemed legit. See my review of the Charmed TV show for more.

3 comments:

Devid said...

I love the Charmed episodes.I've been watching it for a few years.It's better than the same lame reality and cop shows.The show i saw by
download charmed episodes
.If anybody wants to download visit the Link.

Anonymous said...

Charmed is a wonderful show to watch. I like this series a lot. Even my friends also a big fan of this show. And I love to watch this show online.

Anonymous said...

Download Charmed Episodes DVD online. Charmed TV Show, follows the life of three sisters (Prue, Piper, Phoebe) who discover that they are descendents of female witches.