Monday, September 3, 2007

Sabrina: The Teenage Witch by David Cody Weiss and Bobbi JG Weiss


Based on Characters appearing in Archie Comics. Created by Nell Scovell. Developed for TV by Jonathon Schmock.

Stars: ***
Accuracy: *

Synopsis: Sabrina's the new girl in town and she's already made enemies. Jenny wants to be friends, but Libby, the most popular girl in school, has put the hex on Sabrina. And Libby's friends won't give her the time of day. Thank heavens for Harvey! He's really special. And he seems to think Sabrina is, too. It's almost enough to convince Sabrina that everything will be OK. Then her aunts tell her the terrible truth - she's a witch! There's no doubt about it when she wishes dead frogs back to life in biology lab! But not even her newfound powers can help her when Libby asks Harvey to the dance - and he says Yes! What's a witch to do?

Review: This is the first book in the series and as mentioned above, is the story of how she found out she was a witch. The book was pretty good, it was funny when she keeps inadvertantly using her new powers since she hasn't totally figure them out yet. She gets in lots of trouble and lucky for her, her aunts know what to do. I could so indentify with Sabrina when she is dealing with Libby. I had problems with the popular girls too.

Accuracy: See my review of the Sabrina: The Teenage Witch Tv show.

1 comment:

Ladytink_534 said...

I was going through an old box of books that I had when I was a kid and this was in it. I'm thinking about re-reading it. I used to LOVE this show!